[OSGeo-Discuss] C# DotSpatial Library Workshop at FOSS4G

Daniel Ames dan.ames at isu.edu
Wed Aug 10 10:49:29 PDT 2011

Hey all,

Just a quick invitation to sign up for our C# DotSpatial Library workshop at
FOSS4G. We're excited to show you all what the DotNet/DotSpatial group has
accomplished in the last year, and for any of you who like to code in C# (or
want to learn) we hope you'll enjoy this workshop. By the end of the
workshop you will be fully equipped to design and deploy a full GIS desktop
application. Tutorials include working with projections, using the
map/legend controls, working with vector/raster data types, etc.

Also, although the focus is on C#, we will also have materials available to
do the tutorials in VB.NET.

- Dan

P.S. For those of you who are unfamiliar with DotSpatial: it's goal is to
bring together all the best .NET based FOSS4g tools into a single
well-integrated programming suite as an alternative to ArcObjects for custom
GIS software/tool development.

P.P.S. A DotSpatial OSGeo project incubation application is being prepared,
so this workshop will also be used to introduce the project in general for
that purpose.

Daniel P. Ames, Ph.D. PE
Associate Professor, Geosciences
Idaho State University - Idaho Falls