[OSGeo-Discuss] designing databases,organizing data formats to work with open source and proprie

Eli Adam EAdam at co.lincoln.or.us
Wed Aug 10 11:29:58 PDT 2011

Karsten,

      I've not tried it myself, but this Q&A indicates that with 10.1 you can read directly from PostGIS.  Although not entirely clear, simple editing may be available as well but not "complex spatial data and transactions ... ( i.e., topology, rasters, networks, replication, and archiving)."

http://events.esri.com/uc/QandA/index.cfm?fuseaction=answer&conferenceId=DD02CFE7-1422-2418-7F271831F47A7A31&questionId=3949

Depending on particulars, PostGIS data in ESRI products may be totally trivial.  I'm sure we'll hear from you as you find out.

Best Regards, Eli

>>> On 8/10/2011 at 10:42 AM, in message
<B2BC41634FCE437884D50D1217EA5222 at snuggie>, "karsten vennemann"