[OSGeo-Discuss] designing databases, organizing data formats to work with open source and proprietary GIS

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 18:54:31 PDT 2011

These 2 softwares will help connect / move your ArcGIS project to FOSS.

Connect: ArcGIS to PostGIS

 PgMap - for Postgresql / PostGIS - Free

This is the ArcMap Extension for connectinng to PostGIS (PostgreSQL)
spatial database.

http://st-links.com/default.aspx

Move:  ArcGIS to QGIS - (Free ArcGIS extension)
One needs to export layers in an opened Arcmap document into a QGIS project file

Mxd2Qgs Tool
http://geoscripting.blogspot.com/2011/05/exporting-current-arcmap-document.html

Noli