[OSGeo-Discuss] Let's start a new OSGeo education webinar initiative

Charles Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Mon Dec 12 06:19:17 PST 2011

Dear OSGeo colleagues,

[This is a copy of a note I sent to the OSGeo education group
yesterday. My hope is that some of the software teams will be willing
to do an introduction webinar on their products.]

I'd like to propose that we start a new OSGeo education webinar
series. Thanks to Phil Davis and the GeoTech center [1] we now have
webinar capabilities.

An obvious first step would be to have a set of "Introduction to OSGeo
technologies" webinars. These would be recorded so we can start to
build a video educational repository.

I've established a wiki page at [2] to allow potential presenters to
sign up. With the new year coming soon, I'm hoping we can get at least
12 webinars identified for the 2012 year to be developed by people who
are subject experts. Or, if you have any ideas on other potential
topics, feel free to contact me.

Thanks,
Charlie Schweik
OSGeo edu committee chair