[OSGeo-Discuss] The amicus curiae brief in the Orange County, California public records / geo data court case

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Dec 16 12:23:57 PST 2011

If the Foundation was to sign this I imagine the mechanism is Board
approval.

However, we may need legal advise first as making such statements might
change our ability to get 501(c)3 status. We would also need to consider
if the Foundation as a whole should make these types of decisions as a
board or as a collective vote of the Charter members and if it needs to
be consensus or majority. Basically I want to make sure that by having
the Foundation take a stance we don't put off potential contributors and
members or have adverse implications on the legal side.

On the other side, everyone is welcome to sign as an individual
geospatial professional.

Thanks,
Alex