[OSGeo-Discuss] idrological data from european states

Johannes Radinger JRadinger at gmx.at
Mon Jan 31 10:04:18 PST 2011

Hi Marco,

just some additional information about Austria's hydrological
information network:

there is a hydrological atlas in digital form:
http://www.boku.ac.at/iwhw/hao/
It is possible to extract several GIS Data (precipitation, snow,
climatic things, etc.) from the HAO-Cd.

For water issues, each of the nine "bundesländer" has an own department,
but there is also the central
"Hydrologisches Zentralbüro" which is publishing the annual hydrological
yearbook for all stations in
Austria (incl. the long term trends etc.) and are also responsible for
the digital version on the Cd.
This central office is situated in the Federal Ministry of Agriculture,
Forestry, Environment and Water Management.
http://wasser.lebensministerium.at

hope you can find what you're looking for
Johannes