[OSGeo-Discuss] MapQuery 0.1.0 released

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 19:17:27 PDT 2011

Hi Steven,

Nice start for MapQuery.

jQuery is easier to learn than ExtJS.

MapQuery would be good web client to QGIS (Map) Server, GeoServer and Mapserver.

I hope we can have "Print Widget" in the next release

One suggestion I think if would be better to include minified versions
of Openlayer and jQuery in the package. This would make newcomers
struggle to MapQuery easier. Right now, if you click / open the demo
(i.e. basic.html) is blank.

The Readme did not mentioned how to get the Mapquery starting. No
reference to these links. What is needed to make MapQuery runs.

<script src="../lib/openlayers/OpenLayers.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
 <script src="../lib/jquery/jquery-1.4.4.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
 <script src="../src/jquery.mapquery.core.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Thanks.

Noli