[OSGeo-Discuss] Advice - alternative to google maps v3 Javascript API????

quade mark at websolving.co.uk
Tue Jun 28 02:05:51 PDT 2011

Hi all

I'm trying to develop a vehicle tracking system
I'd planned to use the google maps api

However, someone mentioned they want lots of money per year to use it, and
suggested openlayers instead

I'm really confused about the whole thing
Can i use openlayers (or anything else) and use the title maps from google
maps and still get around the licence issue?

I'm a .net developer, but have no experience in maps so have a steep
learning curve

I would really appreciate some guidance on my options
Thanks all
Mark