[OSGeo-Discuss] Open "StreamMap"?

Charles Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Sun May 29 05:11:47 PDT 2011

Hi all,

Thanks for all the comments on the "Open Stream Map" idea. The driving
force behind my question was that I just came back from a workshop on
citizen science and had seen a variety of successful efforts... for
example the ebird project at Cornell University. Given the issues
surrounding water in the future, I found myself wondering about the
use of an open street map model but for water inventory.

That's about as far as I am on this -- it was just an idea I thought
might be worthwhile floating to the OSGeo group. Not sure where it
goes from here... if anyone wants to move it along further -- go for it!

Thanks for the responses...

Charlie Schweik