[OSGeo-Discuss] New OSGeo design
benjamin.chartier at cegetel.net
Wed Nov 2 01:46:57 PDT 2011
Le 01/11/2011 13:19, Jo Cook a écrit :
> Responding to Arnulf's tweet about the new site design
I do like the general appearance. It’s really a big improvement.
- I don’t like the round corners of the boxes. I would prefer square
- Some boxes have shadows and some don’t. I would prefer no shadows
- The footer of the home page is much too big. I prefer the footer of
the other pages because of the color of the text and its small height.
- Too many menus around the main content part of the page: the left
hand side menu, the “about us, participate…” menu and the “tools to use,
foundations to build on…” menu. I would prefer something simpler. I’m
not sure we need these links on all pages. My suggestion: have a link to
the home page, the search tool and a reminder of where we currently are
(like osgeo > tools to use > find software).
- The languages links should be present on all pages. This list of
languages may grow in the future. Keeping it a single line may be
difficult. Would it be possible to use a drop down list instead of a
line of links?
- The content and title of the home page boxes is quite confusing.
What about having the following sections: OSGeo Foundation, Community
- A place for news is missing.
More information about the Discuss