[OSGeo-Discuss] Charter Member Nominations

Shin, Sanghee endofcap at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 21:51:12 PST 2011

Dear All,

I'm Sanghee Shin from Korea.

Most of all, I'm very happy to be nominated as an OSGeo Charter Member by Arnulf. If I would be elected as an Charter Member, that would be my honor.

By the way, I would like to nominate 2 persons from Korea as OSGeo Charter Members.

First, I want to nominate Dr. Kwangwoo Nam[1] as an OSGeo Charter Member. He has been an active our chapter member since our chapter formation in 2008. As a professor at Kunsan University, he has accomplished many research projects successfully using open source GIS and also he did many things to increase the awareness of open source GIS & OSGeo especially in academia & research communities here in Korea. He published many research papers on open source GIS as well.  He is currently involved in the research project called 'Development of trajectory & sensor data storing & retrieving system based on PostgreSQL/PostGIS'[2] His expertise in research & academia area could bring more energy to international OSGeo activities, I believe.

Second, I also would like to nominate Mr. Minpa Lee[3] as an OSGeo Charter Member. As an active Korean chapter member, he contributed almost sacrificing-like-things to our local chapter. Also as an excellent GIS programmer especially in Java and WPS area, he developed several JdbcDataStore[4] bridging GeoTools/GeoServer and some proprietary Korean DBMS. He is also involved in developing on-line open source GIS curriculum as well as developing open source based KOPSS(KOrean Planning Support System) [5] He translated many GeoTools/GeoServer related documents into Korean and shared them with other Korean people through his personal blog.[6] His energetic & enthusiastic efforts will give many things to OSGeo international.

with regards,

Sanghee

---

[1] kwnam at kunsan.ac.kr , http://www.u-gis.net/adviserintro