[OSGeo-Discuss] Charter member nominations

Tyler Mitchell tmitchell at osgeo.org
Fri Nov 11 17:38:58 PST 2011

> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/New_Member_Nominations_2011

Awesome list for sure :)

Glad others beat me to nominating a few of the people I had in mind too.  I've worked closely
with folks like Tim Sutton, Suchith Anand, Pedro-Juan and Massimo on and off over the
past few years so here's my +1, for what it's worth, all around great OSGeo proponents :-)

Cheers to the other nominees too, I'm glad to see more local chapters piping up!!  Keep in mind
that if you want to nominate someone for the board next year, they need to get in this year
as charter members so they can be considered for the board.

Likewise, I'm always on the
lookout for those who may be a little less "geeky" but have a bit more experience managing
organisations, business or even higher level projects (and maybe less experience with coding).
Those softer management skills are always in demand at various levels within OSGeo's
ecosystem.

My two cents, looking forward to the election,
Tyler