[OSGeo-Discuss] GeoCoworking

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Nov 17 04:08:00 PST 2011

On 11-11-17 02:29 AM, Tyler Mitchell wrote:
> Curious how many folks on the list may use a local coworking space.
> I assume in some centers there is potential for geogeeks to meet at
> certain coworking areas to collaborate - but just curious since I sure
> don't have one nearby :)

We (Mapgears) have used some space at Abri.co
(https://abri.co/?locale=en) in Quebec City recently and really liked
it. We have our permanent offices in Chicoutimi, but co-working spaces
like this is ideal for when we need to setup work sessions / sprints
with people/partners from other cities.

https://abri.co/ is still fairly new and not very well known yet, so
hopefully this little plug will help make it better known for people who
need co-working space in Quebec City.

For Montreal,  I've been at the Notman House (http://notman.org/) for a
WhereCamp not long ago. It's not exactly promoted as a co-working
facility, but more of a home for internet/mobile/web startups (i.e.
small teams) and it also offers free meeting space for community events
such as the WhereCamp I've been to.

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/