[OSGeo-Discuss] Charter Member Nomination for Bob Basques

Lime, Steve D (DNR) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Thu Nov 17 08:25:48 PST 2011

Hi all: I'm pleased to have the opportunity to nominate Bob Basques as an OSGeo charter member. Bob works for the City of St. Paul and has long been a user and advocate of free and open source software and data. He is the founder of the GeoMOOSE project (geomoose.org<http://www.geomoose.org>) an increasingly popular client environment that leverages other projects such as MapServer and Open Layers.

Bob has been a frequent contributor in local (Twin Cities MapServer Group), state (MN GIS/LIS) and global (FOSS4G) events, doing presentations and delivering workshops.

Most importantly, Bob's an idea guy, someone that every organization needs. He is always thinking of new ways to use FOSS software and data to solve day-to-day business needs. Those ideas have had an impact not only the software he has developed, but also the software he makes use of. I'm grateful for his input over the years.

In short, I think Bob would be value addition to the OSGeo charter membership ranks.

Steve