[Board] Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Board of Directors meeting minutes

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Nov 18 13:08:30 PST 2011

On 11-11-18 07:53 AM, Arnulf Christl (OSGeo) wrote:

> Bart,
> all of this has already been done and the conference committee voted 9
> to 7 for Beijing in the third go. So now it is "too late" to change
> anything. The board vote was the last chance to stop it but it passed
> with just one -1.
>
> Now that we have decided to go for China it is not anymore a question of
> "if" but "how". I am absolutely pushing FOSS4G Beijing now and hope that
> all in OSGeo will do the same. And we will have yet another great event
> in a great location - I am sure of that - becasue so far we have always
> managed to bend things so that they fit us well.
>
> But thanks for your comment that none of this has caught your attention
> up to now. Knowing that you are more than average attentive for this
> type of issues shows that the need for broader communication is even
> bigger than expected.

FWIW, I just wanted to add that I agree with Arnulf on all points:

1- It's too late to change the decision (we are going to Beijing)
2- We need as a group to do all that we can to help make Beijing a
success (and it *will* be a success)
3- Bart's intervention confirms the need for broader communication

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/