[OSGeo-Discuss] Redirection to OSGeo Local Chapter web sites

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sat Nov 19 02:58:48 PST 2011

On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 2:23 AM, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:
> Venka,
>
> If local chapters open a ticket with SAC, then I
> or others can setup a redirect from X.osgeo.org
> to another site.

Sidenote: I am owner of osgeo.it (I redirect to gfoss.it)
and to my knowledge Georg Loesel is owner of osgeo.de
redirected to fossgis.de (I see that it shows strange stuff,
will notify him).

But a question:

> I do not believe that OSGeo SAC controls the osgeo.eu site.

What's the policy of OSGeo for this? Can I happily buy osgeo.xyz
and redirect to my business site (ideally OSGeo related but private
business)?

Best
Markus