[OSGeo-Discuss] Redirection to OSGeo Local Chapter web sites

Yves Jacolin (free) yjacolin at free.fr
Sat Nov 19 04:46:17 PST 2011

Hello,

Le samedi 19 novembre 2011 11:58:48, Markus Neteler a écrit :
> On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 2:23 AM, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com>
wrote:
> > Venka,
> >
> > If local chapters open a ticket with SAC, then I
> > or others can setup a redirect from X.osgeo.org
> > to another site.
>
> Sidenote: I am owner of osgeo.it (I redirect to gfoss.it)
> and to my knowledge Georg Loesel is owner of osgeo.de
> redirected to fossgis.de (I see that it shows strange stuff,
> will notify him).

osgeo.fr and osgeo.asso.fr are owned by the francophone local chapter.
osgeo.fr is a redirection to the francophone local chapter wiki page and the
second is a drupal website for the legal association.

> But a question:
> > I do not believe that OSGeo SAC controls the osgeo.eu site.
>
> What's the policy of OSGeo for this? Can I happily buy osgeo.xyz
> and redirect to my business site (ideally OSGeo related but private
> business)?
I really think that osgeo.xx should be redirected to local chapter or OSGeo
main website (or a wiki page).

Y.
--
Yves Jacolin