[OSGeo-Discuss] Random Forest Classification

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Oct 27 09:34:07 PDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 8:40 AM, Mohammed Rashad
<mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I wrant to do Random Forest classification. I installed R, randomForest
> classifier package for R
> but dont know how to use it.
> Is there any Open Source Remote sensing application which do RF
> classification on satellite images?
> Anyone r has random forest classification example?

I have collected some related articles:
http://www.citeulike.org/user/neteler/tag/randomforest

We have published on some years ago:
http://www.citeulike.org/user/neteler/article/172938
GIS and the Random Forest Predictor: Integration in R for Tick-Borne
Disease Risk Assessment

We are currently proof-reading our new edited book:

http://www.springer.com/earth+sciences+and+geography/geographical+information+systems/book/978-3-642-10594-4

which contains a related chapter.

> Any language or package  example no problem.
> Does anyone did it in R?

I have some (old) material here:
http://www.grassbook.org/neteler/shortcourse_grass2003/notes7.html

It is using rpart() but the syntax is pretty similar to randomForest().

Hope this helps
Markus