[OSGeo-Discuss] Best Place on OSGeo Wiki for Irrigation District GIS Tutorial

Sunburned Surveyor sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 16:15:07 PDT 2011

I'm working on a GIS tutorial using OpenJUMP for my CAD users at work.
We are working through lessons on well site selection for a fictional
irrigation district to start. Other lesson groups will deal with other
aspects of the irrigation district operation. We'll be using some real
data sets, but parcel owner names and addresses will be changed. No
previous knowledge of GIS or OpenJUMP is required to get started with
the tutorials, although some basic knowledge of coordinate systems and
mapping would be helpful.

I'd like to put each lesson up on the OSGeo wiki. All of the data for
the tutorial will be placed in the public domain, as will the tutorial
documentation itself. I could put the tutorial up on my own web page,
but I'd like to give other OSGeo folks a chance to improve and
collaborate on the tutorial.

I was going to link to the tutorial from the OSGeo California Chapter
page. Is there a better place for it? Is there any problem with my
putting the tutorial lessons on the wiki? (I can host the actual GIS
data sets for the tutorial myself and link to them from the wiki.)

My goal is to simply share something I'm already preparing for work with others.

Thanks.

Landon