[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo-PDX local chapter formation announcement (Oregon, United States)

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Wed Jun 6 23:18:27 PDT 2012

To all, especially those in the Pacific Northwest region,

The local Open Source GIS group that meets in Portland is turning 4
years old. We are finally officially becoming an OSGeo Local Chapter
after being an unofficial chapter for years. We are a geographically
based chapter welcoming members from all of Oregon and small parts of
Southwestern Washington. We meet once a month in Portland (usually not
November or December) on the 3rd Wednesday of every month. Once a year
we put on an unconference
(http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/PDX-OSGEO#2011_Unconference) We often
coordinate with CUGOS, http://cugos.org/, the local chapter to the the
North. We are also also recognized as an ORURISA Special Interest
Group (http://orurisa.org/PDXOSGIS). Check us out on the wiki,
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/PDX-OSGEO or join our email list
http://groups.google.com/group/pdx-osgis

If you are nearby or traveling here, check us out!

Best Regards, Eli