[OSGeo-Discuss] Marketing meeting to finalise definition of an OSGeo Ambassador role

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 04:53:54 PDT 2012

Minutes of this meeting are here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Marketing_Meeting_2012-06-04#Minutes

Consensus was that the role should be created as outlined [1], with a
change of title from "OSGeo Ambassador" to "OSGeo Advocate", as
"Ambassador" implies that the OSGeo board has assigned the role to
someone after a selection process (which is not the case for this
volunteer role).

Voting will remain open for the next 48 hours if people who couldn't
make the meeting wish to vote.

+1 Cameron Shorter to accept the "OSGeo Advocate" role.

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Ambassador