[OSGeo-Discuss] Charter Member Nomination: Andrea Aime

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 10:26:53 PDT 2012

I would like to nominate Andrea Aime for OSGeo charter membership.

Andrea as a key contributor to the GeoServer[1] and GeoTools[2] projects. Actually Andrea may the key contributor - the GeoServer issue tracker lists Andrea as the project lead. While I feel I should quote some bug closing statistics here, what is more important is his commitment to the community (always ready with a code review) and supportive presence on the GeoServer and GeoTools user lists.

[1] http://geoserver.org/
[2] http://geotools.org/

As a public representative Andrea is beloved for his effective stage presence. Most recognisable in the popular FOSS4G "WMS Shootout" series[3], or exploring topics at regional events (most recently making the trip to FOSS4G-NA [4]).

[3] http://2010.foss4g.org/wms_benchmarking.php
[4] http://foss4g-na.org/schedule/the-state-of-geoserver/
--
Jody Garnett