[OSGeo-Discuss] Charter Member nomination - Angelos Tzotsos

Margherita Di Leo dileomargherita at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 03:30:32 PDT 2012

Hi all,

On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 10:42 AM, Stefano Costa <steko at iosa.it> wrote:

> Il 23/06/2012 04:57, Cameron Shorter ha scritto:
>
>  I'd like to nominate Angelos Tzotsos as an OSGeo Charter member, as I
>> believe he exemplifies many of the key qualities we look for in OSGeo
>> Advocates.
>>

> I would like to join Cameron in this nomination.

[cut]

I believe it is very important to facilitate the growth of new, strong
> communities where they are still missing. In a way, nominating Angelos is
> for me a way to support the activity that he and his fellow Greek OSGeo
> members are already carrying on, showing that OSGeo cares globally about
> local initiatives as much as the local communities care about global
> developments (again, software).

I second Angelos' nomination for all the reasons expressed by Cameron and
Stefano. I also welcome any surely worthwhile interaction between the
growing Greek FOSS4G community and our Italian OSGeo local chapter
(GFOSS.it) i.e. in the organization of a joint event, also (why not?)
involving the whole Mediterranean area.

Thanks,
madi

--