[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo's new "Community section" in OSGeo's Wikipedia article

Alexandre Leroux alexandre.leroux at ec.gc.ca
Wed Sep 5 07:37:31 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I stumbled on the OSGeo Wikipedia article and was annoyed by the "1000+"
"Volunteers" number found there. I thus created a new 'Community'
section with numbers, in my opinion, which better reflect the importance
of OSGeo's community.

Please improve:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Source_Geospatial_Foundation#Community

Note that I left the "1000+ Volunteers" from the Infobox in there, since
I don't know what 'volunteers' is supposed to mean in this context.

Cheers,

Alex - slashgeo.org
--
Alexandre Leroux, M.Sc., ing.