[OSGeo-Discuss] Sol Katz Award Nomination procedure (was Nomination for Venkatesh Raghavan)

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Sep 18 12:42:22 PDT 2012

On 12-09-18 4:34 PM, Andrea Aime wrote:

> However... maybe someone should push the OSGeo community to send private
> nominations more?
> I have no idea, no raw data, but in the years I have had the impression
> that the
> importance of nomination period could be stressed more, thus getting more
> nominations and as a result a better sampling from the community.

As usual Andrea, you read my mind.  I often find that sometimes you must
make a public mistake (and sure I have made lots) to "wake up" the
community (all of a sudden those lurkers post responses, it's really
like magic). So, my point is, now we should see lots and lots of
nominations sent to solkatzaward at osgeo.org :)

-jeff