[OSGeo-Discuss] Open Source GIS and Transportation (T M)

Milo van der Linden milo at dogodigi.net
Tue Sep 18 23:28:54 PDT 2012

That's great!

1. There is an open source database calles postgresql that had a module
called postgis to store spatial data
2. postgresql has another "add on" calle pgrouting which enhances the
postgis database with routing
3. There is a open source desktop GIS called qGIS
4. You can create webbased solutions with openlayers

I am lead developer for a dispatch-web- GIS (911 or 112 as it is called
in the Netherlands) where we use this combination to show moving
vehicles and do dynamic dispatching. For us this was all possible with a
complete open source chain of products.

Kind regards,

Milo van der Linden