[OSGeo-Discuss] Board meeting summary

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Apr 12 08:27:23 PDT 2013

Hello everyone!

We had a good Board meeting yesterday (minutes:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2013-04-11), and here are some
highlights:

- approved 2013 Budget (http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2013)
   - some may be interested that there is now some funding put aside to
support Code Sprints
   - SAC has funding for a much-needed backup server

- a slight glitch on GeoMoose (http://www.geomoose.org/) graduation, a
formal email vote will happen shortly to make this official instead
(stay tuned!)

- pycsw (http://pycsw.org/) officially enters the incubation process.
Congrats!

- FOSS4G 2014 request for hosting has been announced (thank you to PaulR
and Conference Committee)
http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/FOSS4G-2014-RFP-Process-td5045951.html

- FOSS4G-NA registrations are likely to increase as the event
approaches.  Excellent hard work by the local committee.

- (not on agenda) FOSS4G Nottingham's abstract deadline is today.
Submit your ideas! http://2013.foss4g.org/programme/call-for-papers/

- discussion on developing some Code Sprint Guidelines
(http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Code_Sprint_Guidelines).  Everyone is
encouraged to review that work-in-progress and comment.

- OSGeo Annual Report 2012
(http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Annual_Report_2012).  All committees and
chapters are asked to help fill this in.

- (not on agenda) The vibrant labs network now has a name: ICA-OSGeo Lab
Network; a mailing list exists now (join and introduce your ideas!)