[OSGeo-Discuss] Board meeting summary
jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Apr 12 08:27:23 PDT 2013
We had a good Board meeting yesterday (minutes:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2013-04-11), and here are some
- approved 2013 Budget (http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2013)
- some may be interested that there is now some funding put aside to
support Code Sprints
- SAC has funding for a much-needed backup server
- a slight glitch on GeoMoose (http://www.geomoose.org/) graduation, a
formal email vote will happen shortly to make this official instead
- pycsw (http://pycsw.org/) officially enters the incubation process.
- FOSS4G 2014 request for hosting has been announced (thank you to PaulR
and Conference Committee)
- FOSS4G-NA registrations are likely to increase as the event
approaches. Excellent hard work by the local committee.
- (not on agenda) FOSS4G Nottingham's abstract deadline is today.
Submit your ideas! http://2013.foss4g.org/programme/call-for-papers/
- discussion on developing some Code Sprint Guidelines
(http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Code_Sprint_Guidelines). Everyone is
encouraged to review that work-in-progress and comment.
- OSGeo Annual Report 2012
(http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Annual_Report_2012). All committees and
chapters are asked to help fill this in.
- (not on agenda) The vibrant labs network now has a name: ICA-OSGeo Lab
Network; a mailing list exists now (join and introduce your ideas!)
http://lists.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/ica-osgeo-labs ; and a
portal is being built. A general description can be found at
Special thanks to Michael for taking these minutes.
A great meeting and a lovely glimpse at how active our community is.
Really really great!
Thanks for your hard work everyone,
More information about the Discuss