[OSGeo-Discuss] Board meeting summary

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Apr 12 08:42:30 PDT 2013

Some more points I forgot (not on agenda):

- this month is the first ever FOSS4G Buenos Aires event
(http://www.foss4g.org.ar/).  This is very exciting.

- preparations are well underway for a vibrant FOSS4G-CEE event in
Romania in June (http://2013.foss4g-cee.org/).

The passion from both these local committees, as I watch them from the
outside, is just amazing.

I am sure more details will be coming from the upcoming FOSS4G-Korea and
FOSS4G-Japan events as well.

Thanks all,

-jeff
OSGeo President

On 2013-04-12 12:27 PM, Jeff McKenna wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> We had a good Board meeting yesterday (minutes:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2013-04-11), and here are some
> highlights:
>
> - approved 2013 Budget (http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2013)
>    - some may be interested that there is now some funding put aside to
> support Code Sprints
>    - SAC has funding for a much-needed backup server
>
> - a slight glitch on GeoMoose (http://www.geomoose.org/) graduation, a
> formal email vote will happen shortly to make this official instead
> (stay tuned!)
>
> - pycsw (http://pycsw.org/) officially enters the incubation process.
> Congrats!
>
> - FOSS4G 2014 request for hosting has been announced (thank you to PaulR
> and Conference Committee)
> http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/FOSS4G-2014-RFP-Process-td5045951.html
>
> - FOSS4G-NA registrations are likely to increase as the event
> approaches.  Excellent hard work by the local committee.
>
> - (not on agenda) FOSS4G Nottingham's abstract deadline is today.
> Submit your ideas! http://2013.foss4g.org/programme/call-for-papers/
>
> - discussion on developing some Code Sprint Guidelines
> (http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Code_Sprint_Guidelines).  Everyone is
> encouraged to review that work-in-progress and comment.
>
> - OSGeo Annual Report 2012
> (http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Annual_Report_2012).  All committees and
> chapters are asked to help fill this in.
>
> - (not on agenda) The vibrant labs network now has a name: ICA-OSGeo Lab
> Network; a mailing list exists now (join and introduce your ideas!)
> portal is being built.  A general description can be found at
> http://icaci.org/introducing-the-ica-osgeo-lab-network/
>
> Special thanks to Michael for taking these minutes.
>
> A great meeting and a lovely glimpse at how active our community is.
> Really really great!
>
> Thanks for your hard work everyone,
>
> -jeff
> OSGeo President