[OSGeo-Discuss] Outercurve Open Source Software Conference 2013

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Fri Apr 12 14:35:51 PDT 2013

Hi,

I'm forwarding this news as there may be some folks interested.
The OuterConf 2013 is first FOSS conference organised
by the Outercurve Foundation (http://www.outercurve.org/),
originated from Microsoft they runs CodePlex

Details here:
http://www.regonline.com/builder/site/Default.aspx?EventID=1224520

>From technical point, there will be a debate about packaging
open source software for Windows: NuGet vs CoApp.
The last project was started by Microsoft.
For Windows users at OSGeo (i.e. OSGeo4W), I think CoApp
has great potential to become RPM or deb equivalent [1],
and give the public freedom from DLL hell as well as Cygwin,
MSys and other such prosthesis.

[1] http://channel9.msdn.com/Blogs/Charles/Garrett-Serack-Open-Source-on-Windows-and-the-CoApp-Project

Best regards,