[OSGeo-Discuss] OGC compliance of WMS client

Andrea Aime andrea.aime at geo-solutions.it
Mon Apr 22 02:25:16 PDT 2013

2013/4/22 Marco Lechner - FOSSGIS e.V. <marco.lechner at fossgis.de>

> Hi,
>
> is a WMS-Client using "REQUEST=getcapabilities" instead of
> "REQUEST=GetCapabilities" still in compliance with OGC standard
> (VERSION1.1.1 as well as 1.3.0)? I don't think so, but I'm unsure.

My understanding is that it's not. All OGC KVP protocols are based on the
following
(stated in the common ows spec):
"the key is case insensitive, the value is case sensitive"

So, something like ReQueSt=GetCapabilities is valid, but
request=getcapabilities is not

Cheers
Andrea
 --
==
GeoServer training in Milan, 6th & 7th June 2013!  Visit

Ing. Andrea Aime
@geowolf
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.