[OSGeo-Discuss] First Time Support for my Project

Margherita Di Leo dileomargherita at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 08:31:59 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 5:13 PM, Arun Muthuraman <arunmuthuraman at live.com>wrote:

> Hi Friends,
>                 I am doing my Master Degree in Geomatics, i am new to
> OSGEO community and i would like to do my Final Project by using OSGEO
> Projects.
> what my project should do is.

I suggest you to take a look at GRASS GIS: http://grass.osgeo.org/
See suggested pages inlines

http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Extrude_2D_polygons_to_3D

http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Help_with_3D

http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Hydrological_Sciences#Hydrological_models

http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Vector_network_analysis

http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Natural_Hazards

http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/WPS

> please suggest me what should i do to develop this software/Project, what
> are the existing OSGEO projects that can help my project,
>  i have one year of time to complete this projects...
> What Software Skills should i want to learn

Just take a look at the links and try to reproduce the commands with your
case study. The grass user mailing list is always helpful should you find
any problem..

Good luck!

cheers,
madi

> Please Help Me
>
> Regards
> M. Arun

Best regards,

Margherita DI LEO
Postdoctoral Researcher

European Commission - DG JRC
Via Fermi, 2749
I-21027 Ispra (VA) - Italy - TP 261

Tel. +39 0332 78 3600
margherita.di-leo at jrc.ec.europa.eu

Disclaimer: The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not
in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of the
European Commission.