[OSGeo-Discuss] About "Interactive Map" patent application by Apple Inc.

Arnie Shore shoreas at gmail.com
Sat Dec 21 06:30:25 PST 2013

<one's-own-horn-tooting>

Our Open Source CAD (Computer-Aided-Dispatching, at www.ticketscad.org
)  has included for several years now the feature in which given the
incident location, the application returns the list of response units,
ordered by proximity, with driving directions - Google generated -
from the nearest.  Directions for others are presented when any other
is clicked.

</one's-own-horn-tooting>

I plead guilty here of using some rather obvious freely-available
tools, sans any special innovation on our part.

I sincerely hope that Apple is dissuaded from pursuing this,  or is
shot down hard if they do proceed!

AS