[OSGeo-Discuss] About "Interactive Map" patent application by Apple Inc.

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Sat Dec 21 13:26:39 PST 2013

On 21 December 2013 21:15, Brent Wood <pcreso at pcreso.com> wrote:

> Click on two points to display a route, touch two points to display a route
> - this is natural progression from mouse based hardware to touch screen
> mode. There should not be any patent there, it is just a generic change in
> pointing device.

User can type a word to 'feed' computer with input,
user can speak... - this is natural progression from
keyboard to voice operation of a HID.

IANAL, and I'm very far from being supportive to the patent in subject,
but I sense such reasoning would be easy to reject at court.

> Shock, horror - could OSGEO join with ESRI to contest this?

You mean, OSGeo. Perhaps, a letter with formal protest is technically possible.

Best regards,
--
Mateusz  Łoskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net