[OSGeo-Discuss] Open Data, Open Source or Open Configuration, is there a method for Open Sourcing a particular configuration of Open Source projects?

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Wed Feb 6 08:08:19 PST 2013

Bob,

   Do you mean an Open Schema (database tables, rules etc)  for storing
AVL and an Open Protocol for transferring  AVL data?  Good idea!  In the
past I've DIY'ed AVL schemas with generally good success, but I don't
know of any public/open schemas.

   While there are a few protocols out there in FOSS (some even
documented), I don't think there's a clear winner yet.  I've been
planning to look at OpenGTS/OpenDMTP.  And of course there's the whole
OGC Sensor thing...

Best Regards,
Brent Fraser