[OSGeo-Discuss] [Marketing] Call for Papers for FOSS4G 2013 Academic Track

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Wed Jan 23 13:39:44 PST 2013

On 2013/01/23 18:49, Massimiliano Cannata wrote:
>> > From the web page:
>>
>> """
>> We invite academics and researchers to submit full papers in English,
>> of maximum 6,000 words, before the deadline of 1 February 2013.
>> Templates for submissions in a variety of formats can be found here,
>> and detailed requirements, regarding layout, formatting and the
>> submission process, can be found on the FOSS4G 2103 Academic Track
>> submission pages at http://2013.foss4g.org/ojs/
>> """
>>
> This is clear...
>
> but then my question is:
> - Why do I have to submit a paper without knowing if I'm going to be select
> for presentation?
> - And why 7 months before of the conference?
>
> It looks to me quite strange...

Previous FOSS4G's had abstract review by the academic committee
and selected authors were asked to submit full papers closer to
the conference dates.

I see that we do not have an academic committee in place for FOSS4G 2013
and I agree with Maxi that the submission 1 Feb 2013 deadline for
FOSS4G-2013
Academic track is too early.

Venka