[OSGeo-Discuss] Call for Papers for FOSS4G 2013 Academic Track

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
Fri Jan 25 07:45:23 PST 2013

Hi,
FWIW, I have to say that as far as i remember (and I participate at all of
the FOSS4G meeting from Bangkok to Denver) I always:
- submitted and abstract,
- got acceptance or not as presenter,
- provided a paper for proceeding, and if selected for publication.

In Denver this process led me to a publication in 2012 and the deadline was
"31 Jul 2011, Full Paper (Academic Track) submission deadline", and
the academic committee was set far before of this.

Said that, I know I'm not forced to submit scientific works to the
scientific track (and this is what i'm going to do), but it is still a pity
from my point of view to set possible barriers and loose contribution.

That's just my 2 cents.

Massimiliano

--
*Prof. Massimiliano Cannata*

Head of the Geomatic Division

Istituto scienze della Terra

Dipartimento ambiente costruszione e design

Campus Trevano, CH - 6952 Canobbio

Tel. +41 (0)58 666 62 14****

Fax +41 (0)58 666 62 09****

massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch