[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G 2013 Community Voting on Presentations

Antony Scott Antony.Scott at sustain.co.uk
Sat Jan 26 03:16:35 PST 2013

Hi all,

The FOSS4G 2013 LOC will be launching the submission process for the Call for Presentations this week; in the meantime it would be useful to have some views on community voting on proposals. We are planning a voting period of just over a week after the deadline, so that people can review the submissions and provide input to the final selection, which the LOC will be doing at the end of April. We'd like to keep this simple, so that for example people will be able to vote for one or many submissions, giving us some aggregate figures on how popular each one is. However because of the numbers involved, it would be hard work to review them all, so it may be worth, for example, thinking about presenting reviewers with a random sample of proposals, or changing the sequence to put different ones at the top. Does anyone have views or experiences on either the voting, and/or a system to manage it?

many thanks

Antony Scott
on behalf of FOSS4G 2013 LOC

[cross posting to discuss/foss4g2013/conference_dev]

We've Moved!

As of 22nd October, Sustain's new home is in Bristol at:

Royal London Buildings, 42-46 Baldwin Street, Bristol, BS1 1PN.

Please update your records to reflect this change.

Sustain is a leading carbon reduction company. Our clients have saved

5,148,982 lifetime tCO2e through working with us (July 2012)

Sustain Ltd.  Registered in England No. 3384793

Royal London Buildings, 42-46 Baldwin Street, Bristol, BS1 1PN, UK

This e-mail and any attachments are strictly confidential

and intended solely for the addressee.  If you are not the

intended recipient of this document then you must

immediately inform the sender and delete this e-mail and

any attachments from your system.

E-mail transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be secure or

error free as information could be intercepted, corrupted,

lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete.  The sender

does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in

the content of this message which arise as a result of

e-mail transmission.