[OSGeo-Discuss] End the vote!

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Jul 15 08:24:34 PDT 2013

Hi Adrian,

At last week's Board meeting, Board members chose 30 as the number of
Charter Members that will be added in this election process (minutes at
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2013-07-11).

Importantly though, I agree with you, this crop of nominations for
Charter Members is just outstanding, so spread out geographically, and
so full of passionate people.

The CROs are working hard this year managing the election process,
working within the guidelines set by the Board; however I agree, nothing
says that we cannot/should not/ improve this Charter Member process for
the 2014 election.

Arnulf has setup a page to collect everyone's ideas for changes in the
process: please do add your ideas at
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Category_talk:Elections

I would also like to see Charter members be given more of a role in the
organization.  For example, one could imagine the Charter members voting
on future FOSS4G bids.  I'm very open to hearing your thoughts and
working with you closely to improve the process.

As always, great email from you Adrian, I really appreciate it.

-jeff