[OSGeo-Discuss] Nomination for Alessandro Furieri

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 01:26:17 PDT 2013

> Il giorno 09/lug/2013 23:31, "Markus Neteler" <neteler at osgeo.org> ha
> scritto:
>>
>> It is my honor to nominate Alessandro Furieri as OSGeo Charter Member.
>>
>> Name: Alessandro Furieri
>> Contact email: a.furieri AT lqt DOT it
>>
>> Alessandro is an Italian developer working as a freelancer. In the
>> FOSS4G world he is quite known as the main developer and maintainer of
>> both the SpatiaLite and RasterLite projects (see:
>> http://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/). Furthermore, he is a QGIS
>> contributor (the SpatiaLite data provider), and he contributed some
>> code to GDAL/OGR as well (GML Topology advanced parser,
>> SQLite/SpatiaLite driver).
>>
>> Alessandro is active in the Italian community: During the last three
>> years he was the President of the very productive OSGeo's Italian
>> Local Chapter - GFOSS.it
>> (http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Italiano_Chapter_Report_2012).
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Markus Neteler

I definitely second this nomination.
Sandro is an awesome developer, a great person, and he is always ready
to give support to everyone.
He is making an huge effort for the Italian OSGeo community and he is
definitely a big Open Source advocate.
Really surprised that he is still not a charter member!

Paolo Corti
Geospatial software developer
web: http://www.paolocorti.net
twitter: @capooti