[OSGeo-Discuss] The costs of your great productivity [was: ... is being discussed on slashdot]

Peter Baumann p.baumann at jacobs-university.de
Tue Jun 11 03:54:26 PDT 2013

Hi Adrian,

thanks for the flowers :)

Actually, our CRS work has been public for 2+ years now. We only started into
this endeavor because WCS/WCPS needs n-D spatio-temporal CRSs, and there was
nothing like that (and the CRS WG @ OGC was dormant, I tried it).

Way back at the Brussels OGC TC meeting 2011 the concepts were presented,
subsequently in several WGs (WCS, Coveraegs, MetOcean, CRS, OGC-NA, and maybe
more). Of course, all this was OGC internal - which fortunately changes now, and
looking at the Coverages.DWG pages you find even candidate specs, like RESTful
WCS. And info on temporal CRSs, BTW. See [1,2].

So everybody is invited to join in... or just await the outcome. That of course
requires investment of own time, and in time. But if we all want to serve
community at large then this is our investment. Again, all input is very much
appreciated, and I wholeheartedly invite everybody to subscribe to the lists
mentioned on said wiki pages and join discussion.

CU there,
Peter

[1] http://external.opengeospatial.org/twiki_public/CoveragesDWG/WebHome
[2] http://external.opengeospatial.org/twiki_public/TemporalDWG/WebHome

--
Dr. Peter Baumann
    mail: p.baumann at jacobs-university.de
    tel: +49-421-200-3178, fax: +49-421-200-493178
    www.rasdaman.com, mail: baumann at rasdaman.com
"Si forte in alienas manus oberraverit hec peregrina epistola incertis ventis dimissa, sed Deo commendata, precamur ut ei reddatur cui soli destinata, nec preripiat quisquam non sibi parata." (mail disclaimer, AD 1083)