[OSGeo-Discuss] Proposal: OSGeo home page to link to OSGeo-Live Project Overviews

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 04:23:43 PDT 2013

On 23/03/13 13:51, Jody Garnett wrote:
> Aside: If you can do me a favour of making a live-dvd motion to use
> your project summaries from the osgeo site it would be appreciated,
> the information we have in drupal looks terrible and is often wrong.

OSGeo Web Committee,
Currently, there are a list of OSGeo projects at http://osgeo.org, most
of which link to an
  OSGeo page describing the project (eg http://www.osgeo.org/deegree).
Unfortunately, these OSGeo Project pages are not being maintained.

I propose that instead the list should link to the OSGeo Live Project
Overviews, such as: http://live.osgeo.org/en/overview/deegree_overview.html

These Project Overviews are updated every 6 months as part of the
OSGeo-Live build process, and are written in a consistent manner, with
OSGeo branding.

Note: A secondary option could be to link to the Project's home page
instead. I suggest that links to OSGeo-Live Project Overviews are
preferable due to the consistent layout of the Project Overviews.

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Solutions Manager

Think Globally, Fix Locally