[OSGeo-Discuss] uDig 1.4.0 Released

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 17:38:54 PDT 2013

uDig 1.4.0 Released

The uDig Community is pleased to announce the release of uDig 1.4.0.

This release offers some great new features including the long anticipated GeoScript editor (thanks to HydroloGIS (http://www.hydrologis.eu/)),  a full featured graticule map decoration (thanks to Kenneth Gulbrandsoy), and a new Document view (thanks to LISAsoft (http://www.lisasoft.com/)).

Thanks to Galdos (http://www.galdosinc.com/), lat-lon (http://www.lat-lon.de/) and LISAsoft (http://www.lisasoft.com/) for their participation in OWS9 (http://www.opengeospatial.org/projects/initiatives/ows-9). Their extensive quality assurance work has allowed uDig to enable WMS 1.3.0 by default.

On the development front the SDK now functions as standalone target platform complete with Eclipse and GeoTools source code. Thanks to Sam Guymer for this work, and to community members Suraj Patil and Thomas Dolley for testing. We also offer our congratulations to Kenneth Gulbrandsoy for his promotion to committer status.

The release is issued under a dual EPL (http://udig.refractions.net/files/epl-v10.html) and BSD (http://udig.refractions.net/files/bsd3-v10.html) license and marks our initial contribution to LocationTech (http://locationtech.org/). No further releases are scheduled under the Refractions (http://refractions.net/) banner.

Release Details
uDig Downloads (http://udig.refractions.net/download/) (Mac, Linux, and Windows)
uDig 1.4.0 Released (http://udig-news.blogspot.com.au/2013/03/udig-140-released.html) (formal announcement with pictures)
Release Notes (http://udig.refractions.net/files/downloads/udig-1.4.0.html)
Issue Tracker Change Log (https://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10600&version=18773)
What is new (http://udig.github.com/docs/user/What%20is%20new.html) (User Guide)

About uDig 1.4 Series

The 1.4 series brings several exciting new features to the table while serving as a stepping stone for the project's migration to LocationTech.

For users:
GeoScript editor allowing scripting directly from the uDig application
Document view for working with attachments and hot-links
New graticule map decorator supporting metric coordinate reference systems
WMS 1.3.0 now enabled by default

For developers:
Provided under a dual EPL and BSD license with associated refresh of a all headers, plugin license and about.html files.
Transition to Maven command line build is complete with both product and SDK builds
SDK is a complete target platform (no longer requires an Eclipse Download).
Based on GeoTools 9.0-M0

--

uDig Community