[OSGeo-Discuss] Would you be concerned if the "GeoServices REST API" became an OGC standard?

Pedro-Juan Ferrer Matoses pferrer at osgeo.org
Mon May 6 23:58:53 PDT 2013

Hello,

I've made a brief summary of this thread and sent it to the Spanish
Local Chapter mailing list linking specially the mail from Cameron[1]
that started the conversation.

I've tried to encourage them to participate in the debate, right now
we are receiving some responses, in spanish in the spanish list, I'm
going to wait a couple of days and translate them to english and copy
them in Discuss.

I think that all the Liaison Officers from the Chapters should do the
same and try to make their communities aware of this situation.

Bests,

[1] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/discuss/2013-May/011599.html

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 11:34 PM, Adrian Custer <acuster at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Ann, all,
>

> On 5/6/13 5:48 PM, Anne Ghisla wrote:
>>
>> Stephan, Adrian: is there an effective way for OSGeo to address a
>> statement to OGC, beside the official requests for comments and our
>> Discuss list?
>>
>> Thanks for your thoughts,
>> Anne
>

> Any official statement issued by the OSGeo Board or community on this
> particular vote should probably be addressed to the
>
>     'Voting Members of the OGC Technical Committee'
>
> since they are the ones who are taking a position during this vote and
> deciding whether to accept it or not as an official OGC standard.
>
> The statement could be sent via Carl Reed, who is the head of the OGC
> Technical Committee. He lurks on this list as part of the collaboration
> agreement between the two communities and can be reached directly at:
>
>   creed U+0040 opengeospatial.org
>
> ciao,
>
> ~adrian

Pedro-Juan Ferrer Matoses