[OSGeo-Discuss] Inaugural webinar of ”Open Geospatial Science & Applications” webinar series on 18th October

Margherita Di Leo dileomargherita at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 08:08:01 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 3:21 PM, Miles Fidelman
<mfidelman at meetinghouse.net>wrote:

> Lluís Vicens wrote:
>
>> On 18/10/13 15:05, Norman Vine wrote:
>>

>>> On Oct 18, 2013, at 8:57 AM, Margherita Di Leo <
>>> dileomargherita at gmail.com <mailto:dileomargherita at gmail.**com<dileomargherita at gmail.com>>>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>  Hi!

> Work-arounds (or lack thereof) aside - the "are you kidding" comment still
> applies.  Just as a not, webex DOES support Linux.
>
> This is absurd.
>
> I apologize if i sounded too “harsh” in my previous comment, and would
like to add that I really appreciate the webinar initiative and thank all
those involved in that.
That said, my point is that the technology used for deliver OSGeo's message
is not a mere detail. Of course, the best choice would be to use an open
source software for that, honestly I'm not aware if there are any
(reliable).
But, whatever platform you choose, should IMHO at very least not
discriminate against Linux users, which are often constrained to use tricks
to access other services elsewhere.. because it's simply exhausting [1],
and we shouldn't expect to be discriminated against by those who are
supposed to deliver the very same message that we do.

Thanks and best regards

madi

[1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gGXylVz6KI

--
Best regards,

Dr. Margherita DI LEO
Scientific / technical project officer

European Commission - DG JRC
Via Fermi, 2749
I-21027 Ispra (VA) - Italy - TP 261

Tel. +39 0332 78 3600
margherita.di-leo at jrc.ec.europa.eu

Disclaimer: The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not
in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of the
European Commission.