[OSGeo-Discuss] Inaugural webinar of ”Open Geospatial Science & Applications” webinar series on 18th October

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at metaspatial.net
Fri Oct 18 08:59:15 PDT 2013

Margherita,
I support your initial bewilderment, no need to appologize. The OCG is
also stuck on gotomeeting and I always have to borrow a Mac or
participate from my mobile phone which makes the whole effort suck. I
think we should try to avoid these solutions as widely as we can.

Barry,
I like your suggestion to support http://openmeetings.apache.org/ But I
would like to get some more realworl feedback on folks who have used it,
I have no experience at all with this software.

Having said that - do we really need a full fledged *conference*
software to transmit a webinar? That feels a bit overblown. Even
reveal.js has a server push version to direct slides to many people -
and that is just JavaScript. 8-) Talk through a regular radio stream and
receive questions through IRC, Twitter, or whatever else people throw at
you.

I am probably hilariously oversimplifying things but I really don't
think we need to go webex or gotomeeting for a seminar.

Cheers,
Arnulf