[OSGeo-Discuss] WAP SMS in GIS

vinod sharma veenu22sharma at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 10 18:49:59 PDT 2013

Dear Mr. Ravi

This concept we had implemented for event reporting, which includes any epidemic outbreak or any other problem. We authorised the register mobile users to report the event as sms, which we geolocate for visualization and query from database.
A paper on this is also presented in healthGIS 2011 international conf. you may like to refer for further details.
We had used open source technologies to implement it. This concept is demonstrated to NDMA and assam as pilot study for Disaster event reporting.

--With Regards
Vinod Kumar Sharma