[OSGeo-Discuss] WAP SMS in GIS

Harish harry.om2000 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 23:50:30 PDT 2013

Sir,
Aryabhatta Geo-informatics & Space Application Centre (AGiSAC),Shimla,
Himachal Pradesh, India has done work on sms. We visited this center one
day during our Off-Campus training programme at Shimla, and they described
about their work including sms based services.
http://agisac.gov.in/
http://agisac.gov.in/lehpgis/Home.aspx
They may be contacted further to provide insight of the work.
Regards

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 7:19 AM, vinod sharma <veenu22sharma at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Dear Mr. Ravi
>
> This concept we had implemented for event reporting, which includes any
> epidemic outbreak or any other problem. We authorised the register mobile
> users to report the event as sms, which we geolocate for visualization and
> query from database.
> A paper on this is also presented in healthGIS 2011 international conf.
> you may like to refer for further details.
> We had used open source technologies to implement it. This concept is
> demonstrated to NDMA and assam as pilot study for Disaster event reporting.
>
> --
> With Regards
> Vinod Kumar Sharma

Harish Kumar Solanki, Assistant Professor
National Institute of Rural Development (NIRD),
Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India
Jaipur, Rajasthan, India- Pin-302006
**
Geo_Coordinates (Office): 26.92162 N, 75.78921 E

Email- hksolanki at nird.gov.in, harry.om2000 at gmail.com,
LinkedIn: www.linkedIn.com/in/hksolanki
<http://www.nird.org.in>