[OSGeo-Discuss] Why does OSGeo FDO Provider for SQL Server Spatial try to access the wrong database?

Nathan Deneau NATHAN.DENEAU at asu.edu
Tue Sep 17 08:52:41 PDT 2013

Why does OSGeo FDO Provider for SQL Server Spatial try to access the wrong database?
I was wondering if you could tell me if this is a bug or else how to configuring this correctly? I receive the following error when trying to test my connection using the OSGeo FDO Provider for SQL Server Spatial in Autodesk Studio 2014 to a MS SQL Server Spatial server (v 10.50.4000). I have also cross-posted in Autodesk and Microsoft since it could be any one of the three...
An exception occurred in FDO component.
RDBMS: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]The server principal "myLoginHere" is not able to access the database "WrongDatabaseNotMyDefault" under the current security context. (Cause: , Root Cause: RDBMS: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]The server principal "myLoginHere" is not able to access the database "WrongDatabaseNotMyDefault" under the current security context. )
Additional details:
- The database listed in the error above is not what I expected. I was expecting the FDO to try and connect to the default database configured to my login id - the default database is a Spatial database.
- I am able to connect and see data but am not able to define geometry from AIMS Studio using the OSGeo FDO Provider for ODBC.
- I am able to connect and see data and geometry rows using Microsoft SQL Management Studio.
- The author of the SQL Server Spatial database is able to access the geometry from other products (AutoCad I believe).
- I can see other database names from Microsoft SQL Management Studio but I do not have permissions to view any details about these databases.
- The first database listed in the databases names I can see is the "WrongDatabaseNotMyDefault" database from the error - the default database for my login is the thirteenth (13th) database down the list!

Thanks For Your Help,
Nathan