[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGEO4W future

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 14:45:31 PDT 2013

2013/9/20 Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>

> I suggest to make a Steering Committee
> for OSGEO4W, so to have a clear roadmap, and give Windows (urgh!)
> users a predictable environment. I think some of our million users
> would be happy to support this effort, if they would know they
> contribute actively to something they need.

Hi Paolo,

I agree with you entrirely, as we've already been talking about this today.
Being committed to provide usable binaries on Windows, you can count me in.
Setting up a build environment (probably a version of a Windows Server x64
edition with MSVC2010 for instance) providing to compile all the stuff at
the same place would be a prerequisite.

Best regards,

Tamas