[OSGeo-Discuss] UK Interoperability Assessment Plugfest

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at metaspatial.net
Thu Sep 26 06:17:25 PDT 2013

Folks,
I very much support this activity and believe that it would be quite
beneficial to participate. Ordnance Survey is a powerful multiplier in
the UK geospatial business due to its position as the main data
provider to the public. There is a license program in place called
PSMA (Public Sector Mapping Agreement) entitling all public sector
broad access to OS data. Not Bene - this is a lot more than what is
published through the Open Data program licensed under the Open
Government License. I think it is important to understand what data is
available and also what can be done with the service offering of
Ordnance Survey. The plugfest will additionally allow you to
interoperate with other software you typically encounter in the area.

Cheers,
Arnulf

PS: I am not working for or paid by Ordnance Survey or OGC and nobody
made me say ony of this, it is just my own little gut feeling.

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 1:52 PM, Peter Cotroneo
<Peter.Cotroneo at ordnancesurvey.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm leading a joint Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) and Ordnance Survyey interoperability plugfest to test OGC standards in the UK geospatial community.  So far, there has been a lot of interest from commercial vendors in the UK, and I would very much like that the open source community be represented at the plugfest as well.
>
> The plugfest will be held at Ordnance Survey headquarters in Southampton, UK.  There will be two sprints, one on the 17th of October and the other on the 9th of December.  There will also be a results presentation on the 10th of December.
>
> The following link gives more information about the plugfest, including a call for participation document.
>
> http://www.opengeospatial.org/node/1892
>
> The deadline to participate is the 2nd of October.  I hope that OSGeo can join us!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Peter
>
> Peter Cotroneo CGeog (GIS) FRGS
> Senior Manager - Geospatial Web Services
> Products & Innovation
> Ordnance Survey
> Adanac Drive
> Southampton
> SO16 OAS
> www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk<https://webmail.ordsvy.gov.uk/owa/UrlBlockedError.aspx> | peter.cotroneo at ordnancesurvey.co.uk<mailto:peter.cotroneo at ordnancesurvey.co.uk>
> Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this email.
>

> This email is only intended for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email which must not be copied, distributed or disclosed to any other person.
>
> Unless stated otherwise, the contents of this email are personal to the writer and do not represent the official view of Ordnance Survey. Nor can any contract be formed on Ordnance Survey's behalf via email. We reserve the right to monitor emails and attachments without prior notice.
>
> Thank you for your cooperation.
>
> Ordnance Survey
> Adanac Drive
> Southampton SO16 0AS